MEET L' SHANELL
LATOYA SHANELL, CMP - OWNER / EVENT PRODUCER
Latoya Shanell, CMP has a blended and dynamic background with more than 12 years of experience in corporate meetings, events, marketing and project management across a variety of industries. Ms. Shanell manages national and international corporate meetings and events as a strategic meeting manager for a global meetings and events company. She has planned, managed and executed all logistics for hundreds of corporate events domestically and internationally including executive strategy meetings, client events, industry trade shows, hospitality sporting events, sales meetings and multi-day client conferences with event program budgets up to $2 million.
Outside of her day-to-day corporate career, she plans celebrations, brand events, fashion productions and networking events through her small business, L’ Shanell Events. As a Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Ms. Shanell has achieved a level of experience and education that represents the industry’s highest standard of professionalism. In 2015, Ms. Shanell was named as a top event industry leader under 40 on Collaborate magazine, “40 Under 40” list, which honors the top young event industry professionals. Ms. Shanell holds a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing and a communications minor from Northern Illinois University as well as a professional meeting and event planning certificate from Harper College.
“Do you like what you do? You’re really good at it!”
— asked by a corporate meeting guest
"Yes! Well, actually I LOVE what I do!"
I enjoy planning events because I am able to express my creativity and I love the challenge of taking an idea, developing a plan and design around that idea and successfully putting that plan into action. Event planning for me is a form of service…I am able to use my talents and gifts to uplift others. My goal is to present myself and my business in a way that demonstrates excellence in everything I do.
I have a passion for other people’s enjoyment. It is very fulfilling to see someone’s vision or message get delivered in a way that exceeds their initial thinking and expectations, which is what I always strive for…to blow your mind and have you saying “WOW, that was the best event I've ever attended”.
As you can see...I LOVE EVENTS!
Christ Lover | Wife | Corporate Event Professional | Entrepreneur | Sweets Addict
1. Inspiration: Pinterest, Instagram, Home Goods
2. Style Crushes: Beyonce, Solange, J Lo, Kate Middleton
3. Favorite Flowers: Pink orchids, White Roses, and White Calla Lillies
4. Interests: Hosting, Traveling, Shopping, Wine Tasting, Connecting People, Sweets
5. Small Town Girl: I was born in Rockford, IL and raised in South Beloit, IL where I graduated from high school with a tight-knit class of 35.
6. Love for Chicago: The big city/small town feeling, the food, Summertime Chi
(all three months of it...ha!) and that many opportunities offered (career, things to do, entrepreneurship, etc.)
7. Professional modeling experience: runway, print, and television with features in national advertisements in various magazines (People, Restaurant, Hype Hair, Essence, Chicago Red Eye, etc.), CBS and NBC TV fashion segments and cover model of a local magazine.